View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #387
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 22, 2013
Another friendly that we're expected to win, as we welcome lower division side Guernsey to Croft Park. 4-4-2 Diamond, and an important night for a number of players hoping to earn a contract and/or a spot in the first team.

GK: McDonald
D: October*, Berry*, Quinn*, King*
DMC: Morrison
MF: Harrison, Ricketts*
AMC: Hands
ST: Egbeku*, Nwachuku*

Available: (Foot, Paratore*, Farren, Stevenson, Wignall*, Dombaxe, Mellish, Whiteley, White, Slaughter, Wallace, Gonzalez)
*indicates trialists

24' - Nwachuku taps home a tiny pass from Harrison in the box (1-0)
Halftime - Not much to be said, we outshot them 6-3, had 57% poss, havent' done quite enough with th echances we've generated though.
Sub Mellish (for Berry), Wignall* (for Hands, yellow card), Dombaxe (for Nwakchuku*), Whiteley (for Ricketts*)

46' - Dombaxe almost scored off the kickoff but was just a step offside
53' - Wignall on a run up the middle, taps it to Dombaxe right beside him for an easy shot & goal. (2-0) Wignall took a pretty good spill on the play but stays on for now.
60' - Sub Slaughter (for Harrison), Wallace (for Morrison)

Fulltime - Blyth 2 - Guernsey 0 friendly
Outshot them 8-1 in the second half, 14-4 for the match. Had 56% of poss, completed nearly 3/4ths of our passing & 1/3rd of our crosses. Never really challenged, which is as it should be.

Wignall (7.2) was MOM, with an assist & four runs, something we get very few of most matches. Egbeku (6.2) and Mellish (6.1) underperformed the rest of the squad.