View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #393
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jul 28, 2013
We've agreed to one year contract terms with several players who were on rolling contracts,including Hassan Janneh, Jack Harrison and Alex Archer. None of the deals added more than a few extra dollars per week to tie them up through this season.
----

July 29, 2013
Mexico wins the Gold Cup with a 3-1 win over Canada in The Rose Bowl.
----
We add Brad Ricketts to the list of trialists signed to youth contracts.
----

Another day, another friendly, this time against East Scotland Premier side Spartans. We beat them 2-0 last pre-season, would love to do at least that again.

6' - Nwachuku puts one past the keeper after recovering from a tackle (1-0)
8' - They equalize almost immediately as McPherson dekes King out of his cleats (1-1)
24' - Henderson gets a yellow card for a little jersey tugging defense
36' - Antwi gets knocked down hard in a collision, gets a yellow card for his troubles, and has to come off Sub Morrison on, move Sawyer to DC

Halftime - We've had the shots, 10-3 in our favor, just can't put enough of them on target. Sub Dombaxe for Mutero (Lobjoit to ST)

61' - Sub Sinclair*, Kay, Rickard, O'Nien* and Ariyibi* for Sawyer, King, Egbeku, Nwachuku, and Abraham

65' - They took the lead on a rebound off the crossbar ... but McGowan was offside and the goal was waved off

74' - Sub Martin (for Henderson), Ann* (for Lobjoit), Whiteley (for Dombaxe)

Fulltime Blyth 1 - Spartans 1 friendly
I let the club know that we were somewhat disappointed. Some reacted well, others negatively. Can't please everybody I reckon.