Deep-lying Forward - Attack
Jesse Darko (Loan) - 4*
Kane Richards (25) - 4*
Adam Creswell (21) - 2*

Poacher - Attack
Jesse Darko - 4*
Kane Richards - 4*
Adam Creswell - 2*

So a raft of injuries and general fitness issues have taken its toll on what should be an excellent team. GK and ML are the biggest concerns.

We bring in ST Elliott Charles on a 3 month loan (2.5* Poacher), 29 year old DC Remy Clerima (1.5* BPD) on same.

Other newcomers - 18 year old DM/MC Dion Argent on a PPA (2* DMC/3* B2BMC) and 18 year old DCR Jimmy Tickle, also on a PPA (2* DR/3* BPD)

After seeing our strength here, we cancel a transfer in of a DR, but do make another one.

Transfer In - ST Gergo Lippai (20)
2 year $19.5k a year deal, which I consider a fair contract for the Hungarian striker. As of right now he's the #3 striker when Richards comes back from injury, but Darko's also just a loan, remember, so this is a kid I can see building a future around, maybe. 3* DLF/3.5* Poacher

[b]@Kettering (15th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Michael Riley
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Jimmy Tickle
ML Nicky Deverdics
MC Dion Argent
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Gergo Lippai

Lot of short-rest guys, as we've been ridiculously crammed in terms of fixtures.

27 - It's snowing. Offsides goal disallowed for our opponents. Tickle seems ever-present from the highlights.

32 - Knock for Lippai

36 - No offsides luck this time. 0-1

Taylor in for Hopkins, Charles takes Darko's place.

53 - They should have scored there.

73 - Wow! Lippai threads a perfect pass to Charles, who takes advantage of the 1 on 1 to beat the keeper! 1-1

86 - Gorgeous pass from Riley to Samuels, but the open header is shanked.

Should've won this one probably, but given our issues, I'll take the tie and another point. Unfortunately, our shiny new signing, Gergo Lippai, is out 4 weeks.

Dwayne Samuels wants to leave, but I tell him I can get us promoted in the next two seasons, so he gives us that.

vs FC Halifax (2nd)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Aynsley McDonald
DC Remy Clerima
DC Angus Hopkins
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Danny Parslow
ML Liam Hubbard
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Taylor Miles
ST Jesse Darko
ST Elliott Charles

Not seeing us winning this one, to be honest.

We have a few chances in the first half, but nothing goes. Fortunately, we're holding strong on the other end as well. Riley and Argent swap in at DL and DM, with McDonald moving to DR.

66 - In the post corner-kick scrum, Riley pounces on a loose ball and cracks it in for the lead. Is our first win far behind? 1-0

88 - ...Yeah, even I saw that offsides for us.

90 - Charles bloops a beautiful drop ball in front of Darko, who runs to beat the defense and score! They're complaining it's offsides, but my players are telling me they got away with two penalties, so it's all fair. 2-0

7.6 and 7.5 for Hopkins and Clerima, 7.9 for Player of the Match Charles and 7.6 for Darko, who by the way had a 5.8-6.0 before that goal, and 7.5 for Riley. A monumental upset that jumps us up to 17th and provides a precious 3 points of breathing room.

The board evidently believes in this team, because they infuse $170k in the finances even though we're still expected to lose money.

@Southport (6th)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Nicky Deverdics
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Kane Richards

On paper, this is our strongest possible lineup, made possible by constant match rearrangements and a long break. We still need to do something about the ML, which i should have done during our idle stretch, but forgot.

41 - Shady fucking goal disallowed. No way Samuels was offside. We've been controlling this game all match but haven't pushed through yet.

55 - Fucking crybabies whine the goal should be disallowed due to offsides. How about um, NO. Richards went back and grabbed his own dispossessed ball and booted it in with 3 of your assclowns standing in front of him. Get fucked, prissy bitches. 1-0

78 - Thanks, post, for blocking the should've goal!

83 - Charles on for a tired Richards

What now, mofos?! Da Costa picks up Player of the Match with 7.9 and all 12 players to hit the pitch got at least 7

In a few days we've got a big rivalry match against [b]Worksop/b], which is all the more important since they're 21st, and while they're all but guaranteed to relegate, having just 2 wins in 28 matches and 13 points, a victory here would really put the sword to them and enhance our own standing.

@Worksop (21st)
GK Joseph Lumley
DL Michael Riley
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Nicky Deverdics
MC Taylor Miles
MR Dwayne Samuels
ST Jesse Darko
ST Elliott Charles

8 - 25 yard free kick goal by Deverdics, who at least brings that to the table, even though he's soon to be replaced in an optimal lineup, I think. 1-0

19 - Shit. Knock for Gnahore, who is only our most important player on the whole damned team.

25 -...Yeaaaaaah... kinda obvious we were offsides, there.

Argent and Weldon come on at the break to replace Gnahore at DM and in at DC with Tickle kicking out to DR due to health issues.

56 - Diverdics to Miles to Charles... and Gooooaaaal! 2-0

66 - Argent punts it to Darko's head, who nods it on for Charles to hoof it in. 3-0

75 - Sigh. Weldon gets knocked.

76 - Samuels kicks it out to Tickle on the far right wing, and the DR puts it up in the middle of the air. Charles is there to knock it down and in with his head, and we have the hat trick!!!! 4-0

What a blowout win. 8.2 for Tickle, 7.6 for Da Costa and Riley, 7.5 for Samuels, 7.7 for Miles, 8.3 for Deverdics, and, of course, 9.7 for Charles with his amazing hattrick.

)

We jump up to 14th with the win. Originally this squad was picked to finish 5th, so the talent has always been there - it's just injuries and what apparently was a poor use of the players on hand took their toll.

For instance, even though we've been running the Izuldian 4-4-2 since I got here, even a base 4-4-2 they had no knowledge of, so it's been a learning process.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote