View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #85
Izulde
Head Coach

So after poking around, I see Brackley managed to stay up, and much to my shock, I discover that Gianluca Gracco has retired. He doesn't want to work on our staff, though, and I don't even bother asking Alexandr Geynrih. But imagine my even bigger surprise when I discover someone else who retired:

Yep, our underrated striker. He's leaps and bounds ahead of my current Assman in everything but scouting potential, so I decide to fire my Assman and sign Taaffe to a 2 year deal for the same position. He accepts! This also means I fire one of my old coaches for $7k and bring in James Bittner, a world class goalkeeping coach (20 Goalkeepers, 13 Working with Youngsters) to train up Dereck Turner.

I'm just going to make quick notes of the rest of Friendly season.

vs Oldham
Ugh. Lippai is sent off at 16th minute due to injury. We play like we don't care much and lose 0-1.

Bittner's transfer is cancelled because fuck the board. We're listed as 20-1 second tier promotion candidates, and the media has us picked 6th, just out of the promotion playoffs.

Quote:
Ticket Price - $15
Season Ticket Price - $248
Value - $130k
Stadium Rent - $160 per year
Capacity - 4.304 (504 seated)
Average condition
Very good Field Condition
Fairly basic corporate facilities
Basic training facilities
Basic youth facilities (rented)
Youth setup category: 0
Adequate youth coaching
Basic youth recruitment

I let Lewis Taffe handle friendlies from now on because they bore me. Kane Richards is out 3 to 4 weeks and we lose to our parent club Chesterfield 0-3.

Adam Creswell gets $53k out of Macclesfield, which is hilarious.

We lock up another year on Alex Worsfold, but it requires raising his pay from $29k to $37.5k. But we won't be bringing back Paul Weldon next year, either, so we'll save money that way.

Good Train
Alex Worsfold

Bad Train
Liam Hubbard
Simon Walton

We're upset by a god damn weakling team 0-3 in our last preseason.

Danny Parslow regains his captaincy, and Simon Walton is named vice-captain. This makes everyone happy, and truth be told, I never should have demoted Parslow in the first place.

vs Alfreton
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ray Atkinson
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Gergo Lippai

A couple injury issues, but in all, a solid lineup

30 - Atkinson longballs it to Little and the little header back to Lippai in the half-circle is a left-handed storming volley that slices into the net 1-0

Solid first half by our boys, and amusingly enough both goalies are named Turner. It's the battle of Dereck vs. Jack. Tickle comes on for Walton.

62 - Ugh. 1-1

68 - I throw my keyboard in the air and wonder why the fuck I even bother. 1-2

I scream at the players and almost ponder quitting again.

We sell 331 season tickets this season, compared to 323 last year.

I try to convince the board to spend money to bring in a great looking young MR, but though they're willing to agree to it, they don't have the money, and so decline.

@Solihull Moors
GK Dereck Turner
DL Matt Fell
DC Simon Walton
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Liam Hubbard
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Gergo Lippai

Boring first half. Argent for Worsfold and Da Costa for Walton at the break.

53 - Hubbard should've sunk that.

72 - Oh look, Lippai's knocked again.

73 - Dangerous foul by Wilkins, but we get a very generous spot so it's not a PK.

77 - Lippai wings in the corner and they miss the interception, so Da Costa is right there to punish them for it! 1-0

87 - Holy shit! He's so tired, but Lippai takes a great pass from Little, dribbles through the defense, finds a spot inside the six yard box, and slams it home! 2-0

8.1 for Lippai, the obvious PotM. 7.8 for Tickle, who I'm tickled is still with us on a PPA, 7.6 for Little, and a huge 7.5 from Da Costa who came off the bench on what was supposed to be a game off.

vs Histon (7th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Gergo Lippai

Both our strikers are exhausted for this one but we have no depth, and Kane Richards isn't due back until next game. This contest is notable for two reasons: 1) The young MR we wanted but the board said no and Angus Hopkins both play for this squad.

36 - 25 yard free kick by Knott! Wow, way to earn the season-long loan we gave you, kid. 1-0

70 - Tickle out to DR, Walton in at DC

A somewhat surprising grindy win, but we'll take. The kind of game where Knott's 7.4 is good enough for PotM.

24 year old DR/MR Ryan Richefond signs on a PPA. He's strictly a depth signing.

@Tamworth (9th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

2 - How did Little even miss that?

Garbage first half.

60 - Worsfold has gotten the trouble blending in comments several times but here he passes it to Richards, who knocks it in to space for Little to beat out the opposition and pop it in for what is surprisingly his first ever league goal for us 1-0

Also, Knott moves to the left side and Richefond gets his debut at MR. Wilkins comes in for Gnahore at MC.

72 - Wilkins makes a brilliant dispossession and starts a counter move by running down the pitch and long-balling it to Richards. Our prized striker runs all the way down the right win and deep crosses it to [b]Little/b], who doubles his goal tally for us all in one game. 2-0

78 - Blown easy goal for Wilkins

87 - A 25 yarder from Wilkins for his first ever senior goal!!! 3-0

7.9 for Da Costa, 8.6 for Richards and 8.8 for PotM Little. This is exactly the deadly striker combination up front I was hoping these two would be.

We're in 3rd after our first 4 matches. Brackley has dropped their first 5 games in BS Premier play and are looking terrible.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote