View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #88
Izulde
Head Coach

Loan In - MR Trevor Sedgemore (20)
We've been going back and forth on this kid with AFC Flyde until we finally got him on a season-long loan. He's raw but he's supposed to be better than Knott at MR, and at the very least, it gives us insurance.

Good Trains
Paul Weldon
Dereck Turner
Tom Knott

I finish in second in Manager of the Month voting.

$29.5k profit last month, which is great to see. Board's very pleased.

@Hyde (FA Cup Qualifying 3rd Round)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Danny Parslow
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Ryan Richefond
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Curtis Beasley

Trying something a little different and putting in guys who have Important Matches as a strength and witholding guys who have Important Matches as a weakness

21 - Score one for the IM theory. It's not Boland who makes the great initial pass, but Wilkins who has the trait and delivers a pristine assist to Beasley, who takes two steps and fires it in! 1-0

31 - HTF did Beasley miss that?

Parslow shifts to DR and Fell comes in at DC.

70 - Fucking Fell gets robbed and they get post help 1-1 I move him to ML and decide to gamble with bringing a poor IM guy in Da Costa

79 - Off Beasley goes with injury, leaving it up to Richards to step in.

85 - I told him before he went in that he could be the differencemaker and what do you know? Wilkins to Little to Richards, and the angled shot banks in!! 2-1

89 - First time I've seen the opposing goalie make a bad pass, but they get back on defense and the goalie atones by making a hell of a stop.

They threaten again in the 94th minute, but the whistle blows just in time.

So that IM theory? Will Wilkins is PotM with an 8.0 and Zach Little gets a 7.7 None of the IM strength guys get less than a 7. Bad IM guy Da Costa got a 7 too, though, so it's inconclusive.

That's another $13.24k in the piggy bank. Kingstonian upsets Staines much to my glee.

vs Nuneaton (13th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Tom Knott
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

9 - Wow. Should've been a penalty but they denied us.

18 - Little bloop header by Little somehow finds the net due to goalie incompetence. We'll take it. 1-0

41 - Our umpteenth corner this game. The traditional method is to kick to Da Costa's head, but this one's far post to Gnahore, who rifles it home for his first goal of the year. 2-0

67 - Wilkins in for Gnahore, Knott flipping to MR and Boland stepping in at ML.

68 - Da Costa forced out and Tickle on.

7.7s for Walton and Gnahore, and an 8.0 for PotM Little. Our old friend Jesse Darko is playing for them and I bet he bitterly regrets not staying with us now.

Oh, nifty. I forgot to save it, but a journalist comments on how our goalscoring streak means that we must be confident of scoring on any opponent. Sure enough, we've scored in 13 straight games.

Which means we're probably due for a goose egg next time out.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote