View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As the sun marches across the sky, your discussion begins to center on the people who are not present. After all, if they cannot even show to demonstrate their innocence, haw can you not vote for them?

The grim task is decided, and Scoobz is the voted candidate. After receiving a majority of the votes, it is time to follow through with your decision.

This is where your assembled party falters. It is one thing to discuss the death of one of your own in the abstract, but it is quite another to carry it through. To actually kill someone for nothing other than suspicion? Can you bring yourself to do it?

Your pair off into groups and begin to scour the town for Scoobz. After a while, you find him meditating beside a reflective pool. Lilies of silver and purple frame his body as he breathes in regular, controlled breaths that seem to inflate and deflate his body.

You hesitate again. Is this the face of darkness? A person in calm solace? After all Bree has been through, can you hold it against this man that he chose to eschew your heavy task?

Scoobz speaks. He voice begins as if far away, but as he talks, gets closer and closer to actually being in his body. “Have you come so soon? I expected you later.” He opens his eyes and stares at you. “I will come willingly, though you know not what you do.”

With dignity, he arises. He scoffs at your attempts to bind him, and his look keeps you from wrapping his hands or feet. He walks with a triumphant gait. He takes his time, which you can certainly understand. After all, he has but a few minutes to live.

A hastily assembled gallows has been erected in the center of town, and all of the people have gathered around. As you begin to lead Scoobz to the gallows, he stops. “No, if you are to kill me, then allow me the dignity of dying as a man, not as a criminal.”

All of you are, at first, confused by his words, and one of you pushes Scoobz towards the gallows more forcefully. Scoobz responds, “Fine then, I will force your hand.”

With a quick dash, he grabs the sword off one of your belts. He brandishes it. It’s obvious that he’s never wielded a weapon before. Several of you react quickly, moving to strike with your own weapons. He never tries to defend himself, and never attacks. He allows several of you to cut him down, with multiple lethal wounds. His blood wets the ground in a sticky pool that seems to grow more quickly than you thought possible.

A smile is on his lips.

The act you have performed weighs heavily upon your shoulders. A few of you leave to discharge your dinner into various bushes. The group of you goes to Scoobz’s house, to find out what you can. Once there, you remember that he was one of your devout, saying regular prayers to Iluvatar.

However, you also discover works of sorcery and darkness. He was not just a normal townsfolk, but he was one of those fallen into shadow. However, you find nothing to connect him with any dark lord, such as Sauron.

You retire for the night, with victory lightening your stride.

Night has fallen. Night One has begun. All Night Actions are to be pm’ed to me by 3:30 am EST Tuesday Morning.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote