View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:40 PM   #34
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 4
Looking over stats, I realize some good news. Some of our freshman are starting to see some limited action! Most of them have played in all the games, one could assume it was on special teams. But a couple of them have things like tackle assists which means they are getting into the game. We are starting to sew the seeds. First a crack, then a crumble.

I thought this might be a good time to take a moment and fill you in on how our position changes from last year are doing. Well P Don Stephens is now completely on the bench. Some stud is punting and Don doesn’t get to play much any more. Last year's Most Valuable Loser, ILB Butch Landdeck, has played five defensive plays all year, and hasn’t had much of an opportunity to get himself hurt yet. He has one tackle. What about OLB Eggman? Well, he has not stepped onto the field outside of special teams. And time outs, when he is towel runner for the center. He he.

Recruiting
Not much news to report here. We get another visitor but it is early so there isn’t much movement in recruits yet. Of course our Rudy candidates are “considering” their options…

Game
Pregame
The opposite end of the spectrum. #6 Michigan comes to town today. A solid win here would hurt. Be nice to think we are making some progress.

The result
For three quarters it is a back-and-forth offensive battle which we lead by a 4-11 points. But our offense is too much for Michigan and we pull away and win 45-24 in what becomes a rout. After the Purdue game, I was certain Goodwin (Ominous name? Should I have seen the omen?) was a one-time fluke, but look at these numbers today! 21-41, 329 yards, 3 TD’s, no int’s. And this against the #6 team in the nation! What is going on? Once again I am not so sure we haven’t created a monster. Also, RB Wolfe had 146 yards on the ground. This is turning out to be some one-two punch. Check out these stats so far:

QB Goodwin (85 for 150 (56.6%), 1328 yds, 12 TD’s, 8 int’s, 146.7 rating)
RB Wolfe (73 carries for 480 yards, 19 catches for 358 yards, 8 TD’s total)

Yikes!

Record 3-1. Rank 27

Well, it is late here and I am getting sleepy. The annoying Microsoft Word Paperclip, official mascot of the TCY Fighting Irish, is blinking wearily, telling me that perhaps I best be to bed. And although I am tempted to play one more, weary warriors make mistakes. I want to be at my bushy tailed brightest when taking on the minions of South Bend. Off to bed we go! We’ll be back soon! Thanks for tuning in! Don’t get discouraged by our lack of progress. We’ll get ‘em yet!

Go Irish!!! Yeehaw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote