View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:42 PM   #37
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:
Week 7

Recruiting
Whoa! WR Cooley takes the lead in the Rudy Scholarship race, as he has decided to visit! Finch and Chapman are still clueless. Way to go Cools! You are the man. Next step, acceptance form. You are almost there!

A lot of visitors now. I am busy showing them the facilities. No new acceptances, and no one, I mean no one, refuses us.

Game
Pregame
Troy State. Yes, Troy State. Actually up to #90 this year in the rankings, but don’t get optimistic here. They have no chance of winning. Matter of fact, the rest of our schedule is so easy that I wonder if we will lose again this year? With Goodwin the stud that he is, our offense can’t be stopped. Miracle man, we need you now!

The Result
Miracle man was out to lunch, as we whip Troy State 59-14. Yikes. It was pretty bland again. A taste: Troy State got the opening kickoff. With less than 4 minutes gone in the first quarter, they trailed 14-0. We led at the half, 49-7. The good news is that our second stringers seemed to get in a lot in the second half, and we only won that half 10-7. So maybe there is hope next year?

Record: 5-1. Rank 13.

Well, that’s all I can take for right now. I am a bit down. We have won 4 in a row and I need a shot of optimism. But, I’ll be around over the weekend, and hope to play a little every day, so with any luck there will be more Notre Dame action to look forward to as the college season kicks into high gear this weekend. Thanks again for being a part of the action, and don’t forget that even if we fail here, QB Devecchia, or whatever, will be leading the real Irish into Lincoln before we know it, and Nebraska is a robust 62-2 there over the past, um, well anyway, for quite a while. So there is always that to look forward to. But don’t fear! I won't give up our quest. I know the words of Conan O’Brien, who said: When you fall down in life, you get up. And when you fall again, you get up. And when you fall again, you get up. And if you keep doing that, eventually, people will think you are really drunk.

Go Irish!!! Yeehaw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote