View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 06:48 PM   #44
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Week 9
Report Cards are in again! Things holding strong. Six players with E’s, and 50+ with low grades in the D’s. We could be looking at a major house cleaning at the end of this year. Let’s have a big “Yeehaw” for illiteracy!

WR Lonedork has a bad cold and is listed as probable for 3 weeks. What a man.

Recruiting
The Rudy Scholarship contest seems to have reached another impasse, as all three recruits have made visits but have yet to make up their minds. Maybe they got lost on the way home. I wonder what to do if more than one of them make up their minds on the same week.

Game
Pregame
1-5 Navy comes to town this week for slaughter. The next three weeks we will play Navy (#101), South Florida (#107), and Central Florida (#123). Our last game of the year against #22 BC could be a huge one for us, as we may be 9-1 at that point. I am hoping that the weak schedule will keep us out of the BCS, but who knows what could happen if we run the table. Major bowl? BCS? Aaargh! Help me, Mister Wizard!

The Result
Mr. Wizard doesn't listen either. Navy kept afloat through the first half, as we led only 14-0 at the half. But they sank quickly in the third quarter, when we torpedoed them for 21 unanswered points. Final score 38-3. QB Goodwin (20-34, 231 yards, 3 TD’s, 2 int’s) played well enough. RB Wolfe ran for 147 yards, and got 1 TD on the ground, another in the air. We are just too good. Sounding like a broken record, but the games are playing out much the same way. We rumble, we roar, we roll down and score.

Record 7-1. Rank 11.

Well, there you have it. It's late again, and my eyes are nodding off. But wow, this is shaping up to be quite a lean year. Have faith, though. We will perservere till the end. Good things will come to us. I just know they will. And if you have digital voodoo skills, be sure to take some time and make a doll of QB Goodwin for us, ok? Can't hurt.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote