View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #189
Izulde
Head Coach

Light and darkness alternate swiftly;
The sun and moon shoot back and forth like shuttles

4.0 maintained. After further investigation into the sports coaching thing, I'd essentially be a glorified assistant gym teacher. Not what I want to do, so it's dropped. I'm presently looking into other abroad activities and will certainly be going somewhere in summer to fulfill the requirement.

I spent the winter break reading quite a bit, mostly Chinese literature, including re-reading Volume I of The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei. I didn't write anything substantial, as the end of last semester was one of the more stressful ones I've had in my lengthy travels in academia.

This semester is poetry-laden, as I'm completing both cross-genre requirements. Should make for an interesting one. But I won't be entirely absent fiction either, as I'm writing a critical essay on The Great Gatsby and Trimalchio (the original title and draft of Gatsby). I'll also be reading Walt Whitman's fiction for one of my poetry classes, which I hear should be quite enjoyab

What this state of events means is that my final two semesters will, except for a translation I'll be doing in the fall, be entirely devoted to my thesis. I feel more on the ball with things at the start of the semester than I ever have been, which is a great feeling.

That includes knowing what I hope to do after I graduate in Spring 2013. But I won't know if these hopes will be realized until the end of April 2013, so that's a year away.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote