View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #36
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

That 70's Show appears to be airing on 2 cable networks: ABC Family (overnights 3a-5a) & TVLand (early morning 8a-10a)

It's also been airing on MTV lately.

Quote:

Cops appears to be essentially cable exclusive to Spike (airing frequently) with a few airings on sister network G4 ... which only exist because G4 is currently in limbo (supposed to die & be replaced by Esquire TV, an 11th hour change that killed Style Network instead left G4 basically running on auto-pilot until they decide what to do with it).

Cops Reloaded (remixes of original episodes) airs on CMTV. In three or four-hour blocks.

Quote:

Further, once again I'll point out that reducing channels <> reducing costs. If some of the bottom feeders were unbundled, the price for the major players simply goes up to make up the difference.

Then the cable/satellite companies simply have to play hardball with those content providers that are charging unreasonable rates.

My point is, things seem a less special in the 500-hundred channel universe especially when there are so many other ways to waste time now that didn't exist twenty years ago.

I think content providers are creating their own demise by having to have multiple channels without the programming to support it.