View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 05:10 PM   #7
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portiere View Post
Forza Sangimignano! Forza i nero e verde! *cue additional chants.* The supporters club reminds you that nothing less than the best will do!

Good luck with this. I've not been to San Gimignano, but I've been close to it (some interesting times). A nice setting for sure.

Empoli is often in Serie A and maybe a more realistic first step to Fiorentina

Grazie, Portiere! We'll be counting on you and the other supporters to back us every step of the way!

Empoli are in Serie A in my save. I discovered that when I received a scouting report on them. I was delighted to see they are our parent club. Tommaso Fantacci, the young midfielder they are loaning us, looks like he'll be class.

You're right; the step from Sangimignano to Fiorentina would be more like a leap. The only way I could see that happening in one go would be for me to somehow lead the "Nero e verde" on a fantastic journey up the pyramid. I think it's much more realistic for me to make several stops along the way.

Here are some of the bigger clubs I might work for on my journey:

Empoli (Serie A)

Bologna (Serie B)
Livorno (Serie B)

Arezzo (Serie C)
Carrarese (Serie C)
Grosseto (Serie C)
Pisa (Serie C)
Pontedera (Serie C)
Prato (Serie C)

There are also a slew of Serie D clubs close by. Among them are Siena, who are reforming for the 2014/15 season after their predecessor went bankrupt. They played in Serie B in their last season before their collapse, and that's probably more their level.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 07-13-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote