View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #178
Radii
Head Coach

When I saw the Bulls issue with Price and Rose at PG, I really, really wanted to find a reasonable way to trade for Rose, a young, 87 rated PG who is a stud and should be getting about 25 more minutes than he did in our last game. But even if I could find a trade the Bulls would take, there's nothing reasonable I could offer(outside of packaging both Padgett and Wallace, and then all I've got is Rose and garbage).

That said, if Rose is available in free agency and I can afford it I would love to have him.

I go ahead and look over my contract situation to see if anyone is willing to re-negotiate. I only have $14 million locked up next year... but that's deceiving.

Looking through my rotation quickly:

PG Felton - 27 y/o - 3 years/$24.9M
SG Allen - 36 y/o - Final Year at $3.55M
SF Wallace - 29 y/o - Final Year Guarenteed - Player Option for $9.5M
PF Padgett - 21 y/o - Team option/rookie contract
C Chandler - 29 y/o - 2 years/$10.7M + 1 year player option

PG Augustin - 24 y/o - Final Year
SF Henderson - 24 y/o - Team Option for $3.1M next year.
PF Diaw - 29 y/o - Final Year
C Sparks - 22 y/o - Rookie Contract

Additionally, Diop has his $7.4 million player option. My plan to bench him all year doesn't seem to be working. He seems happy and will likely take his option.

Assuming Wallace and Diop take their options, and I pick up all my team options, I'll have ~$20 million free. Diaw is gone, he's not bad but he is unhappy being relegated to the bench and that just isn't going to change.

That leaves $20 million for Augustin + free agents.

Augustin is an issue... he's asking for 2 years/$14.8 million. The kid can shoot the 3, he's only 24 and still improving, but $7.5M/year for a 6 foot guard rated 75 OVR who is a stellar outside shooter but offers little else(great ball handler but a little turnover prone, average passing, average defense and undersized)... there's a decent chance that I let him go to free agency and see if I can use the $7 million I'd have to commit to Augustin to make a bigger splash in the FA Market. I don't offer an extension now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote