View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
TheMeat
n00b

How Was Your Offseason?

I think it'd be good to hear from everyone how they felt about their offseason and how they feel about their chances going into the season.

My offseason plan was to finally shed a couple bad contracts, take some cap hits this year and next and use the cap room I didn't have last year to infuse my team with some new talent. The term rebuilding comes to mind, as does the term complete overhaul. Realistically I'd have to say that I've taken a step back since my cohesion isn't good and didn't improve, and the young guys will need a season or two to develop but I'm extremely happy with all the talent I managed to get.

The main change was the switch from venerable Ernie Pennock to 4th year stallion Ronald Diaz, a half-step back there as well but the foundations for the Diaz era have been laid and he will lead my team to happier times. Other additions were a great new LT (Rasby) and much needed help for my DL and secondary. I went mad signing over 10 new DL and half a dozen DBs but I specifically went for guys with good combines in important areas to set up what I hope to be an above average pass D once they fill out.

I predict my team for another 8~8 finish, anything better and I'll be thrilled but I surely won't be shocked to see something worse, perhaps a 6~10 showing while these rookies take their lumps. Most importantly I'm hoping to succeed in getting Diaz some solid numbers while trying to avoid getting thrashed by the beasts in the AFC North while I set the tone for future success.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote