View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #1680
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Saldana, I don't have the PMs anymore, and I know I've mentioned some of the issues already. So feel free to jump in with things that haven't come up.

Although it turned out Tyke was able to make a run with it, before that it looked like the wolves were pretty wrapped up early. As I mentioned to Saldana privately, I put in the first post that this game could very well be unbalanced, especially with the betting mechanic and it certainly started off that way. There were a lot of things out there the village could bid on and use, and they used them well, in addition to controlling the money early.

I think it was also a game that the wolves would have to jump head first into the strategy and planning from day one. Perhaps it would have helped for me to give the info on the services to the wolves and not the village so they'd have a head start with that thinking. (aAlthough Saldana, the hitman description did say they would take the victim's money).

The thing is if it played out again the bets could have gone very differently, the whole balance of power would have shifted. I'm not sure it's a game that's going to be balanced. There was some balance planned into the way the services were offered, and things such as Knuckles disappearing. Also there was a black market service that no one bid on, and then the crooked cop, both of which could have possibly been game changers.

Well, I'm just glad it turned out being fun. I'm open to any ideas about how to tweak the rules in case I ever run a sequel.

the thing that really struck me as creating an imbalance was the duke role for the village...it basically gave them free money since all the duke had to do was place his bet and then duke to his target...that day really put the screws to us because not only did it give Chief a ton of cash, it also took money away from us, because I had Darth, who actually was the lynch winner

also, having to compete not just with the other wolves but also to make sure that the village didnt take the night kill, from my point of view, really forced us to do nothing but bid high on the NK.

i dont think that should have been something that had to be bought, or at the very least should not have been able to be bought by the village.

i was very surprised (and impressed) that tyke lasted as long as he did, since i had him pegged when i was still alive, fake reveal and all...we have all said before that WW is a game of information, and this game just had entirely too much info available for the village.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote