View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Moanalua Menehunes TCY Dynasty

After the implosion that was my New Mexico State dynasty, I’m going to release some steam by doing a more laid-back dynasty.

Inspired by Izulde's Park High TCY Dynasty, among others, I'm going to re-attempt a dynasty tracking the collegiate careers (if any) of prospects from my alma mater, Moanalua High School.

First, a little information about my alma mater. Moanalua HS (enrollment roughly 2,000) is located in Honolulu, Hawaii, not too far away from Pearl Harbor and Aloha Stadium (hopefully inspiration for my prospects!). The school colors are royal blue and silver. The school nickname is the Menehunes, named after the mythical, short but muscular and extremely skilled native warriors that, thousands of years ago, allegedly inhabited the mountain valleys in the area of Honolulu where MoHS is located.

In real life, being more of an academic school, I doubt that any Menehune has made an impact at a Division I-A school, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

This will be a TCY-only dynasty, as I do not own FOF (I know... the nerve!). After a player graduates or otherwise leaves college, see ya. I put the Sol-8 in Hawaii both to increase the number of prospects from MoHS, and to give them more options as to where they play their collegiate ball.

I'll try to include game-by-game stats for any players that make the big time, but if this drags on I'll likely fast-sim it.

Here are Moanalua's TCY ratings in the game I just generated:

Athletic Prep: 70
Academic Prep: 25

Not too bad athletically – better than the real life Menehunes. But compared to real life, that academic prep is far too low. Oh well, let’s see how this goes.

Without further ado, let's start.

bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote