View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #26
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Week 6
Boston College (4-1, 1-0 Big East)
Navy 27, #13 Boston College 23
The dream of an undefeated season comes to an end for the Eagles in Annapolis, as Navy pulls off the stunner.
WR Scott McSherry: Another DNP. Scott is getting no love from the coach.

COACHES TOP 10
Texas (4-0)
Notre Dame (5-1)
Wisconsin (4-0)
TCU (4-0)
Boise St. (4-0)
Colorado (5-0)
Georgia (3-1)
Stanford (5-0)
Rice (4-0)
Miami FL (3-1)

McSherry might not be getting any love, but the Fighting Irish definitely are. Their massive, 37-12 victory over 1-3 Western Michigan was enough for them to vault Wisconsin (who had a bye) into the coveted #2 spot in the polls.
Despite the loss, Boston College doesn’t drop too far. They are now #18.

MoHS Prospects
Middle Tennessee State offered C Rondell Lewis a scholarship. As for P C.J. Blair, he has made a decision about where to go! The punter will be suiting up for...

UH-KAILUA SURFRIDERS!!!!!

Yep, it was easy to see this one coming. It was either Kailua or Hawaii Tech. Enjoy the Hawaii 8, C.J. Hope you don’t regret taking up a Pac-10 or Mountain West offer. Sorry if I can’t hide my disappointment.

Anyway, about the Surfriders... they may be the Hawaii 8’s worst overall program. Since this dynasty started, they have had only one winning season in eight years (a 6-5 campaign in 2008). They are well on their way to another losing season in 2012. They are currently 0-4. I suppose it’s easy to see why they needed a good punter. They’ll be using C.J. Blair a lot in the future.