View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 11:14 AM   #274
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So, the rumors out there are that Kyrie's thinking about signing with the Heat, should he not re-sign with the nets. As a Celtics fan, I don't know what to root for more. Kyrie continuing to destroy the Nets, or Kyrie moving on to destroy a FOURTH team?

I would take a counter-intuitive position on Kyrie signing with the Heat. I feel like that contract that the Nets are reportedly trying to get him to sign including games played clauses and something like "You will not kill our season because of the vaccine" clause will be more of a standard in the next CBA. Not that money won't be the most important thing in negotiations, it will be. The owners however are going to do something to stop the behavior of the James Hardens and Kyries of the NBA.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote