View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #148
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

For those who never read the stories, or saw the movies there is a character named Smeagol who suffered from Dissociative identity disorder who had a second personality named Gollum. His disorder came about due to a traumatic experience as a younger hobbit where he killed his relative and best friend over a ring that "called to him".

I've been curious about Blade playing out a Dissociative identity disorder type personality so far this game since Gollum by no means was helpful or friendly in the stories. In fact, he was more of a hinderance than a help for the Fellowship. As is such often with things though, he did in fact play a big part in the final conquering of evil, but it was completely unintentional and driven off of his own greed.

My guess is most likely in a game like this while a Gollum character wouldn't be the main target for the good side to rid themselves of, he is definitly a type of character that we wouldn't want around. So I have been intrigued by Blade playing up such a character.

My initial guess is its either:

1) Blade playing a role to create some votes and keep from getting night killed

or

2) Blade playing an evil role but wanting to come out in a way that doesn't seem an evil role and thus through reverse psychology not get enough votes to be lynched due to appearing to try to get votes to be lynched.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote