View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #310
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

picked up Carcassonne for $4.99 today after reading updates that the iPad version is coming soon and that the price will jump to $9.99 when it's released. What a neat game. I know it's port of a board game but still, well done and lots of fun.

For those who don't know about the board game:
Carcassonne (board game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had never played the game, only had read very good reviews about the iPhone port. I'm sure many here have played the board version and it might be interesting to get some sort of internet game of the iOS version of the game if others do get into it (and once I stop sucking at it which might take some time). I found playing the game to be quite relaxing, a fact probably due in no small part to the soothing medieval acoustical music playing in the background.

They have included a solitaire version in the game in which you they have different towns comprised of a 70 tiles set and you have to build roads and towns of sizes 1, then 2, then 3, up to 6. Your solitaire game ends either when you have built both a road and a town of size 6 or when you run out of tile. You start with a thousand point and every tile used costs you point. I ended my first game without getting to 6 in either sizes and at -86 points. So, yeah, I suck... Still, I had a lot of fun and completely tuned out of everything that was happening around me while playing my game...

FM