View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #380
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In keeping with the time period "I believe I have a cunning plan, m'lord!"

We know that there are five major time specific roles in the game. What if all of the people with those roles revealed that they had one of the roles but not for which time era. The wolves don't know which one to target based on which era we're entering and we get five trusted villagers. So, ok they can target one of these five but at least they won't know which specific one to hit. A trusted circle of five is a big advantage at this stage, really helps narrow the field.

Of course the problem with the plan is if a wolf claims to be one of the five, thus creating six. Then it's a choice of whether we go for a full reveal or, well, don't. If we go for a full reveal then we lose the time specific major role that we're heading to but we get a villager vs wolf stand-off and eventually bag a wolf. If we don't it's always something we can go back to later.

Problem number 2 is that there is a conversion in the game and one of those five will become a prime target for conversion. But, basically, whoever becomes most trusted out of the villagers becomes a target for conversion - I don't know how much we can let the fear of that conversion steer us.

Thoughts on this plan - is it worth it? Any other problems people can see?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote