View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #547
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

About the one situation that isn't covered here in terms of funeral/burial arrangement -- the details, not the financial -- is who'd know what our wishes were if we all three died in the same incident AND my own (admittedly older) mother died in that as well.

Otherwise, that stuff is well known in our house, kinda always has been. Blame my mother for that, I think, as she would routinely go over with me what she wanted done about every year or so from the time I was about 13 onward.

Random quirk: if my wife and I die separately (i.e. one goes before the other), we have different feelings about where to put our individual remains. So whomever lives longer gets final say. The thing we've kinda never resolved is an answer that doesn't make the kid's life less convenient in the long run, as there's no mutual location either of us would care to be buried.