View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #28
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjunkie62 View Post
if im allowed, i would like in

lax, I want to take a moment to separate my own opinion and my opinion as it pertains to this game. It probably won't help you, but I feel I should say it.

Personally, I think you're a different person than Blade, and I think you made a mistake. I am not sure if it was intentional, but either way, I feel people deserve second chances. If everyone who signed up were fine with you playing, I would allow you to play.

But fact is, there are people in this community who do not feel this way and would pull out of the game, or not join because you're playing. This is where I need to separate my personal opinion of the importance of second chances with the what I need to do as a moderator of game where my primary responsibility is to run a fair game that everyone has the equal opportunity to enjoy. The impact of you being part of this game, IMO, is detrimental to the experience of some others in our community, and they have that right to feel that way, no matter how I feel. I cannot ask several people to leave the game for the sake of one player, at the detriment of the entire game and its remaining players.

So, no, I am afraid I will have to turn down your offer to play, and please accept my apologies that I am in a position where I must do so.

If it makes you feel any better (likely not), it is my intent to sign up for a small game, where numbers aren't as important, and specifically aim it to include you, so you can start to try to rebuild your reputation with those who have issues with you (I'll even call it the Bel/Lax game). But I can't do that for this game, I am afraid, at the size it will need to be to run effectively.

I hope you read along, but understand if you wouldn't want to do that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote