View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:18 AM   #1722
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I think the effectiveness of proposed solutions is part of the debate.

I'm not personally aware of any studies that shows the impact of any given solution. Is that CDC ban still in place? Even if it is you'd think Bloomberg could fund a study or two.

My personal opinion is that we shouldn't be primarily focusing on short-term solutions with the end game being that whatever restrictions are put in place will stop mass shootings - because they won't. Rather, while we definitely need some reasonable restrictions in place immediately, we should largely be focusing on longer-term solutions to lessen the gun culture over time. Maybe we're too far gone for it to work, and I don't know exactly what it would look like, but I'm thinking of the gun control equivalent to what we did to make smoking less appealing. I don't think there's an overnight fix regardless of how many people might be in favor of major restrictions.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote