View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #153
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Bender is a project, he's still just 20 (the second youngest guy on the team after Ayton). The hope is Igor can work with him and help him develop. He has a lot of the physical gifts, but hasn't put it all together yet. This is a big year for him, if he doesn't show improvement - he may be gone.

I don't think the organization has a ton of faith in Bender and Chriss. They've added Ariza, Josh Jackson, Bridges and resigned TJ Warren over the past two seasons. That tells me they think maybe one of the two will pan out. Personally, I think Chriss is useless and should be cut/traded now - but I think Bender has a chance to get it.

At PG, they are putting a lot of hope into Brandon Knight. He's completely healthy (finally) and has been working with the team in Summer League. He only has two years left (and is still just 26), so I think their hope is either he gets back to a % of what he was in Milwaukee or completely flames out and they can move him as an expiring next year. Either way, I think he's just a placeholder until Okobo gets some experience - they seem to really love him. I also wouldn't be surprised if Shaq Harrison makes the roster and ends up getting some time there if Knight struggles.

The hope is for the team to win 30-40 games and show some improvement this year. They will have around $42 mil in salary expiring after this season and should be able to sign 1 fairly big FA next offseason. So, 19/20 is when they expect to finally push for a playoff spot.

Last edited by Arles : 07-11-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote