View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #154
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Summer League is the best. The announcers have compared Mitchell Robinson to Marcus Camby, Hassan Whiteside (without the issues), and Anthony freaking Davis this quarter. Meanwhile the Knicks are down 16 to a Celtics team that started 6'7 Jarell Eddie at center since Robert Williams is still out.

Overall for the Celtics, quite frustrating how Williams start has gone. The coaches are saying some nice things which are being drowned out by the noise of him sleeping through calls & a flight, but it would've been nice to see him play more than 6 minutes before having a knee contusion so I could get super hyped. Semi Ojeleye showing enough offensive growth & confidence he deserves some rotation minutes, though he may not consistently get them to start the season (unless Marcus Smart signs an offer sheet elsewhere we don't match). Injuries always happen though, and he's got that positional versatility that helps. Jabari Bird looking good too, and I really hope they cut Abdel Nader & give Bird roster spot #14/15. Yabusele showing a little growth across the board too & has that big man 3&D skill set, but I still think he's (at least) a season away from being able to play minutes vs real NBA teams. Kadeem Allen was trash coming out of Arizona & has shown nothing to change my mind in 2 years of summer league/D-League action.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote