View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #215
hoopsguy
General Manager

The recruits look like a thin group for us this year, on relative terms. Only five top 100 players show up, with interest in the 8-10 range. And there isn't a single DT with any interest in us whatsoever on the initial look.

I found the impact CB with good grades that is interested in us - #3 in the nation Lawrence James out of Arizona. Last time we chased a Top 10 player from that state he signed with the state school and blew up big time. I'm hopeful we land this guy.

We are also chasing QB Quincy Greisen, a guy I mentioned during the season. Both him and James are Top 10 recruits who visit during the first week.

Week 9 signings:
OG John Perryman - should be our 3rd guard this upcoming year. #112 in his class, looks like a physically strong kid who excels in pass blocking.

DE Mark Dickerson - not a guy you build your class around, but I'm happy to have guys like this in my class. #234 in this years rankings, he wanted to stay home and was excited to sign with us. Big man, 283 pounds now, may get some reps at DT since we are thin there.

Week 10:
QB Quincy Greisen signs with USC. Terrible, terrible news for us. But they did graduate two seniors so it isn't a surprise that they would be in the running for him. Just gives us another reason to hate them.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote