View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #350
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 7 - Discus - First Atttempt

Schaplowsky – he spins, tosses, and it’s a nice start. His throw measures in at 183 feet, so just over his typical average attempt, now he can work on improving with his next two tosses. I count 10 of the 27 results in the average column that are better, including several on very reasonable rolls. I also count 13 of 20 results that are better in the allout column.

Babson – one of the favorites in this event, looking for a good score to open up his overall lead, and his first toss is a good one…190 feet on the nose. That’s about average for him as well. Will be interesting to see if he takes his next couple of attempts. Every other time he’s gotten a good start, he’s rested, is this one good enough? I count 13 of 27 rolls better than your current score, but 8 are rare rolls…7 rolls are over 200 feet. Only 5 results in the allout column are lower.

Llyw – his first throw, like the two before him are about dead on his average attempt. He records a distance of 164 feet. About dead on average in the allout column, 5 of 20 outcomes are lower in allout.

Path – Path takes his first attempt, and it looks like he stands up and comes out of the spin a little early…this results in a poor throw measuring only 173 feet. Lower end result…Only 4 rolls lower in average column

Ginsberg – His first effort looks like it is going to be a really good one to build on…It lands out around the 160 foot line. The measure is announced at 159, that’s well over his typical result, so a nice start in the event for David. I count only 4 results better in the average column, a 163 on an extremely rare roll of 10 and 3 160 foot distances. I count 11 of 20 results better in allout.

Bafou – wow…big throw here. He was a bit late with the release so the discus is hugging the foul line…it lands…fair – no white flag. We’ll have to wait on the distance but he’s clearly pleased…it measures in at 181 feet. Only the max score of 183 is better in the average column. In allout I only count 5 results better, 4 of which are not likely to be rolled.

Palmiero – here’s another good attempt…Palmiero is also smiling, knowing he’s got a good starting point to work from. The throw is 183 feet. Still 11 results better in the column, including some on very possible rolls. 7 of 20 rolls are shorter in the allout column.

Nielsen – Nielsen, spins, throws, and he’s off balance…he steps on the toe board and we have our first foul of the event.

Ketola – he follows Nielsen’s lead and ends up with the white flag raised. Second consecutive foul in the event.

Honcho – an OK start for Honcho…toss lands just under 190…officially the distance is 187. About 60% of the results in the ave column are better…some much better. Only 5 results out of 20 worse in allout.

Mighty – On the board with a throw of 150’. 14 rolls better in ave (6 of them in the teens so low probability), 15 out of 20 results better in allout.

Chilton – Form is sloppy…and the rotation is a slow because of that. Of course this leads to a less than satisfying effort on Chilton’s part. The throw only measures 140’. Only 2 results shorter in average.

Rambis – This is going to be a good score to build off of. The toss is very good…maybe slightly higher than he wanted but the distance is still 181 feet. 9 results still better in average and 12 of 20 better in allout.

Jordan – Throw of 163 feet is almost dead on his typical result. Looks like just under half the results in the average column are still better.

Peltonen - didn’t make a good pass, looked like he was going to foul by hitting the toe board, which may have been the cause for the awkward form…but regardless the toss is only 152 feet, well off even his average attempt. This is the second shortest throw on the average column.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote