View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are some interesting ways to take my sqaud.

One example:

Italian GK Simone Columbi, 27 years old, backup, worth 3 mill, on a 3k/week backup deal with Carpi in Italy Serie A, and is angry, has been transfer listed by request for 1.7 mill.

Here’s Colombi. As you can see, he’s very good. By comparison, Rimniceanu

Rimniceanu isn’t bad, but we’ve gotten past him I think, but just a little. Anyways, Colombi is faster stronger, better command of area, communication, first touch, handling, 1:1 ones, reflexes. Rimniceanu is better in the air by one point. Also better throwing. By a point. Colombi is just a better player. If I can secure a GK that is that much better for a few years, then I can probably push back Maio by another year, and secure a better player in the meantime. I don’t have to spin in place with Victor. I make an offer to Colombi.

You get the idea. I make an offer for 1.7 mill. This is not only a better player, but it seems like a good bit of business as well.

I can’t get to where I want to be, without being a little mercantile at times. I need Colombi’s. I need to push for greatness. I want to be a regional superpower on the level of Austria’s Salzburg, Ukraine’s Dynamo Kiev, or the Czech’’s Sparta Prague. And I can’t create that path until I can win the Basano. I got 2nd! But 2nd here just gets you a Euro. I got a Cup win! But a Cup win here just gets you a Euro. I can’t get to the good stuff until I win. And Colombi is a better chance of winning than Rimniceanu.

It’s hard to imagine I can make my attack better. But I had a lot of multi-goal games that I want to reign in. Viitorul allowed 26 goals. I have to measure up.

I come to an agreement with Colombi for 7.5k/week, first team, four years. That will be a good salvo to pushing our squad higher

We sign Colombi

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote