View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #21
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Or simply that the game will still provide scouted ratings, but that they will be harder to extract and publish? If the latter, I think that would be a huge mistake, as people are mentioning below. it hugely advantages those owners who take the time to track dveloment manually, and therefore makes the game less fun for those who want to play it more casually.

That's a good point. I can't force people to play the game the way I want them to play the game. To me, sharing this information is cheating. To others, though, it gives them information they don't want to track themselves.

How to expose scouting to GMs is an issue I've spent more time thinking about than most. Usually I can figure out the best way to do something if I put my mind to it. FOF needs scouting.

I need to put more dedicated thought into this. Obviously, I don't want to simulate everything a GM or a coach does in the NFL just the way he does it - or this game would become a 24/7 job and not all that much fun. Scouting is grunt work. It's watching hundreds of hours of film, trying to get beyond the numbers. Those who are truly good at scouting give their teams tremendous value and there are no shortcuts. That would make for a miserable game experience, though.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote