View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Another Option for Multiplayer Drafting

In many ways, the amateur draft is the biggest single event in multiplayer leagues (some would argue it's the league championship game, and I'd go along with that argument, too).

Utilities have been developed to make player selection easier, even craft ways to work around owners being absent for large chunks of time.

Recently, I was trying to think of ways to make drafting easier on commissioners and owners. The preference system I put in years ago isn't used much because it doesn't give owners much control over individuals drafted.

The outline I have for drafting works as follows:

- Each round would be treated as a stage

- Owners would have the ability to construct a list of up to 32 players.

- "Best available at XX position" would be one of the options.

- Given that owners may have more than one pick in a round, a check box would be available for each player in the list indicating that the choice should be ignored if the owner has already picked a player at that position during the round.

- The commissioner would have a button available before the first pick of any round allowing him to import the preference files from owners and run the round quickly.

- No existing function would be removed from the draft class (though I am considering reworking how interviews work). Commissioners would be free to run this only in later rounds, or not at all, so that the ability to run a draft clock outside the game and encourage trading would be intact.

Thoughts?

Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote