View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #43
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i think part of the problem with the player ratings is obvious things are rated. do we need a big play receiving bar if we are given a players 40 time? do i need a lineman's strength bar if i see their bench press reps? (all this to say combine scores should stay on a players card throughout his career. possibly changing year to year). after all, combine stats are not subject to scouting error. giving us more "raw" data like that leaves the shape of the player more up to us, and less on the scout.

other ratings are where a scout can come in handy. say, how good a cb is in man 2 man, or how well a wr can run his route.

this can increase a scouts worth, i think, and also boost scouting error tremendously (i'd love to see scouting error closer to 30% right or wrong, versus the 5% or so it seems to be now).

how that works with MP leagues where one scouts version is put on the web for everyone to see, i dont know. the idea of a neutral scout, or maybe "the media" could work, if we all assume it's subject to the same giant scouting error.

also, perhaps just taking away a players overall score would help.

just thinking out loud, though.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote