View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
The Player Window is part of what of makes this a little more complex. FOF Windows are large, almost as a rule. Numbers have more meaning in context, and FOF is what it is because it presents a huge statistical universe.

The Player Window needs an area to display player statistics. Right now, that controls the size of the window. However, the idea of making the Player Window small with "pages," so you can have three or four of them up on the screen at once and compare ratings, for example, is an appealing idea.

How do you accomplish that without losing the ability to present player statistics properly, in context? Your player's identity with your franchise is that vast database of the numbers he produced for you. It's difficult to immerse yourself in that identity without that large statistics page.

This is the one sticking point in my conceptual redesign. I know the Player Window is clunky with that "page," but losing that large statistics page makes it very "un-FOF," in my opinion.
Yes, statistics are important, but in terms of our decision-making, they are secondary information. The presentation of things that are used more commonly in decision-making--ratings, chemistry data, injuries, contract data, etc.--should trump the presentation of statistics.