View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #143
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lessons learned:

Plenty.

1. Bryce needs to know what to do if he's not carrying the ball. He asked me what to do every play he wasn't getting the ball.

2. Hunter may be my biggest headache on the offensive line. I still have to work with the line to get them to understand when to double team a player as well.

3. Carlos = Probably my best back. JD may find himself 3rd when we play the next game.

4. Jacob = fail. Poor kid. Next week he's carrying the ball in the first half. That, at least, is my fault.

5. Work on special teams more. We have just 2 practices a week from here on out. We have to get sharp on those.

6. Focus our defense on outside contain. The ends were getting pushed out of the play. They have to hold their ground. Linebackers failed to fill. We'll line them outside shade from now on. Corners may actually line up outside defensive ends in order to shift our focus to the outside contain.

7. Corners have to be more physical. As you can imagine, Jacob may have been our worst corner as well. Noah may have been a close 2nd. Nick T wasn't very physical, either. Carlos clearly had the best day.

8. Quit letting Coach Bryan make 'helpful' moves to our defense. At one point, he tried using Ray at defensive end. Ray had no motivation to try and play it properly, he'd never practiced there. I later found JD lined up at corner. Honestly, I like that move, but that hurts us up the middle.

9. Inside defense = rock. They did a great job.

10. Monsters took poor angles to the ball. Our last line of defense often got swallowed up somehow.

11. Move our 4 backs on the kick return up to 5 yards behind the 6.

12. Make them run the counter 12 times in a row next week.

13. Re-emphasis the hole for the toss play off-tackle.

14. Emphasize no one gets through our wedge blocking. I think the boys got so excited players were breaking through.

15. Timeouts, I have 3 of them. Remember that. (I do know I was told somewhere it was just two. I was sitting there thinking how much it sucked to have just 2 when I heard Bryan saying we had another)

Last edited by Poli : 09-06-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote