View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #1757
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

THanks for the game Cronin.

Now since people have still been scratching their heads about what happened to me..

Basically, day 1, Chief Rum did something that I thought was odd with his vtoe, and if you remember at the end of the day I made a "statement vote" on him that people actually gave me heat for. Chief is someone that I don't like to be wrong about, and if was on our side would be valuable to protect him, but I got it in my head that I thought he was bad.. so since my role could protect and possibly reveal, I figured Chief was a no brain choice for night 1.

I tried to guard him, but couldn't since the same night LSG tried to convert me and thus block my action. I didn't realize it at the time, but LSG was the reason I blacked out and not Chief. After I received my night PM, the first thought that jumped in my head was that Chief was bad and I just failed on my attempt to watch him.. but I wasn't sure.. I would say 50% sure at best.

I decided then to try to play it differently, I thought perhaps someone else had an ability to block my night action (as I later said).. and didn't want to accuse Chief if he wasn't actually bad. He was too valuable as a villager to be wrong about it.. So I came out with the story that I did on day 2.

I realized I played it wrong though when I came out, and tried to back off some with the idea that I would think it most likely the person who did it was good and thought I was bad due to my weird day 1 vote. No one dropped a hint or anything though, and instead the talk about a "slow conversion" came up which I had never considered.

So instead of trying to verify how I felt about Chief on day 2, I spent all day under the crosshairs. Even on day 3 when I revealed, I wasn't convinced that I was right about Chief, and even when Barkeep moved to chief, I felt that I probably was but couldn't pull the trigger. Hoops and I were chatting on AIM about various stuff and he asked me about my move there.. I told him something along the lines that I felt Chief was bad, but I didn't feel with 14 minutes that it was worth it to try to lynch him.. I felt that it would only end up getting Barkeep lynched instead.

I thought about it another minute or two and then figured, why not try.. worst case I just move my vote back later.. so I moved to Chief and that run started that broke the game open a little for us.

As for Barkeep, I can't say that I really ever thought he was bad.. I kind of used him as bait a bit just to see how people would react. I felt Barkeep was too good of a villager as well to just blindly remove on day 2 for a lousy reason. I felt the wolves might want to get rid of him. I only became more certain about that when that late day run happened and decided at the end I wanted to save barkeep even if it meant no lynch.

I can't say that I played a great game.. but I do feel that I made two good reads in Barkeep and Chief at least.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote