View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #1760
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

One other thing I wanted to bring up after the game.. the whole lynch vs no lynch debate.. just for fun

Its often been argued (even by me) that lynches are important for the village.. However in the game I ran a while back, a no lynch was very important for the village winning that game. Without that no lynch, the village might have lost.

This game as well, I feel the no lynches didn't hurt the village and in fact helped the village. The arguement is often that no lynching then leaves you guessing on day 3, 4, 5 instead of days 1,2,3. There was alot of guessing for the villagers later in this game, but I don't think it was due to the lynch/no-lynch on the early days.

Day 1 Was JE vs no one really.. JE was a villager, and his death wouldn't have told us anything. Plus it forced the wolves to use a night kill on him instead of someone else.

Day 2 was Render vs Barkeep, both villagers. The wolves didn't have to make moves at all.. so any late moves that might have seemed sneaky would have caused us to waste an additional 2 days trying to make head or tail of it.

With the way those no lynches happened, we still had late day moves that people could look further into, but we didn't lose villagers in return. Then day 3, the first lynch was of a wolf, which was partially luck, but it also speaks to buying enough time for your roles to get more information to the village.

Perhaps its time for me to take a new look at whether no lynches are harmful as I used to think they were.. I think this is two games in a row that seem to defy conventional wisdom.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote