View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #1788
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's interesting. The whole thing with Alan being so obtuse, for what reasons I couldn't divine (as I felt his actually being obtuse to be unlikely) was very frustrating as a villager. I really wasn't enjoying this game Days 1 and 2. In fact on Day 2, I debated whether it was even worth checking in to try and save myself. I warmed up to the game after that, but still was sort of relieved to be killed.

I will say that after my atrocious performance as a wolf, I'm quite happy with the analysis I did in this game. While I still maintain that in most games a no lynch on Day 1 is bad, I think the no lynch allowed our seers to collect the information, as expected. Our getting CR was lucky more than skill, however the underlying analysis was that what happened to Alan during that night was evil and not good, despite then drawing a couple of wrong conclusions from it. I am proud of myself for having convictions in the right things (Alan's event was bad for the village) while having flexibility in what it means (Alan was converted, to CR was evil).

I would also agree with the wolves that they could have used one more. I remarked to either Lathum or Alan after the game that deciding how many wolves to be in the game is always a tricky decision and think that when I've seriously debated between X and Y wolves, I always seem to make the wrong decision. I think Schmidty's gumming things up to force another no lynch was absolutely great play and, combined with his play in the Marvel game, shows us that his claims to being a bad werewolf are unfounded and false.

Also unfounded and false is DC's opinion of her play. I was sorry I wasn't around that day to defend Ollie since I was quite confident that DC was equally as likely to have quit being a wolf as a villager in that situation. On the other hand, I think our new players showed us a lot this game, which was nice to see. It can get tired having the same old thinking around and the three newer players injected some fresh ideas and skills.

Just a comment on some of the things you said, about Schmidty he also was great in his role in the Middle Earth game too. He's a pretty good player when he has roles and never gives himself the credit he should.

I too enjoyed having all of the newer players around. I probably rubbed Gonzo the wrong way, but I liked the game having someone who didn't buckle under conventional wisdom or who wanted to stand their ground .. AND doing it in a way that wasn't insulting back to the other player. I thought Jhandley did great, his analysis at times I felt was very impressive, and I understand that this game might have been frustrating for him, it might have been frustrating for alot of people at times though I do hope both of them stick around for more games. I think Telle has gotten into the WW fever and her and Cartman being secret buddies this game was kind of neat. Was nice having JE back (even if it was only for 1 day!), and having Olliegirl, Antmeister and DC in was great too..

No offense to Barkeep or Hoops or Lathum or such.. but I'm tired of their faces, its really alot more fun when there are completely new people that you have to figure out.

Last edited by Alan T : 08-03-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote