View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 04:04 AM   #170
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Mostly us again, but 1860 Munchen throws it's money around buying up a Third-League player.

9.16 Stuttgarter Kickers vs. Alemannia Aachen
Prestige Cup Qualifying Round, Second Leg

Tied 0-0 after the first matchup, it's time to decide who moves on. So far we've been able to get by this round every year, but this is a tough qualifying-round draw and that streak could come to an end. We have several players within weeks if not days of getting another skill added, but once again none of them look to be game-changers for us.

G - Komolong
D - Doringer/Schluter/Jager/Weibenfels/Ortag/Degner
M - Zeitz/Hirsch/Fetscher
F - Jedin

I'm surprised to see Aachen go with a 6-2-2 here. I thought they'd be more aggressive, pressing for victory. The still have RF Muller out there on the wing, which more or less compels me to go with six at the back in order to really be secure. Our formation is basically the same but with more competent defenders as last time. Despite them throwing a lot of bodies at the back line, it won't stop us from a getting a decent shot.

Here it is, first turn of the match. Maybe a 1 in 3 or 2 out of 5 proposition. Fortune smiles on us, and Jedin scores!! I think that's his first cup tally. Now we just need to hold them out. Muller goes right at Ortag who takes it away. Then Zeitz is whistled for a foul in midfield, a questionable call but he's not carded. They get nothing significant out of it, and it's no trouble to keep things as they are the rest of the half.

45 minutes from victory, Tunjic is on for Fetscher, for fresh-legs purposes. They test Ortag again, and he passes again. I think they are trying to set up a cross there, but we're positioned well against it. We play conservatively, not wanting to risk giving up anything cheap, and the rest of the match is thankfully boring.

We snap the Pluntke Curse, having never beaten Aachen before as he'd blocked several goal-scoring attempts. I really don't know how we keep pulling this off, but another pair of juicy Cup matches are coming up now, as we advance to the next round! Komolong never saw the ball, a rarity in our matches.

Levels - Ortag(18), Jager(16), Komolong(16), Hirsch(15), Jedin(13), Weibenfels(13), Degner(11), Schluter(10). 9 of the 12 players who appeared leveled up.

*** Ortag
** Jedin
* Hirsch

SL3 for both Jedin & Hirsch, each grabbing to Dedication(+30% xp boost) option.

** Balance: 56.8k(+335) - 225 tickets, 110 for the home victory bonus as our sponsor finally has to pay out something
** Glory: 88(+4) - surprised we got no strong opponent bonus here against a 1-star club. That's weird.

Wattenscheid sneaks by Offenbach 3-2 on aggregate in the other matchup.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote