View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #182
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Since I'm not doing anything with my guys I've decided to butt in on areas that I don't have any say over, so take this all with a grain of salt.

DC: I agree that dumping Tunjic and Preiss is fine (although if we wanted to play the game we did with D Muller and get them to AVG usage they might be worth a bit more in this window or next.)
Of your other 2 7 month players, personally I'd hang onto Ortag and extend him for the year it will take to get him to 33 as his value should essentially stay the same unless you are thinking of getting him out of the way now to bed in some other players. Finally I'd also keep Pitzen, he's still 17 and could really become something (or at least be worth a lot.) I'd resign him for the max period and start using him like we're using Fetscher especially as Hirsch has reached his sell by date.
Sounds like you want to keep Schluter, no reason not to give him the max to lock him in and build up his value especially as Ortag is gone either now or soon.

LMCG421: I might ask Brian to give Hirsch games to see if you can get him to High Interest before the end of this window and then sell him. Not sure if he'll still be available to sell in the Summer.

I suggest we use our Glory to upgrade our Defender Coach again. I'm leaning away from using our money on the Youth upgrade and potentially toward buying Karger (after our sales) who could be a second true threat up front next to Jedin once his ban expires and give us a legit pair of goal threats for this level and even maybe next as they get more experience.

In fact if we buy Karger I am thinking about moving my vote away from pure rotation at more spots than just GK and MF. I think we'd be nailed on at GK(Komolong), SW(Doringer), LD(if we keep Ortag), CD(Jager), DM(Zeitz), MF(Fetscher), CF(Karger) and FW(Jedin). Beyond that I'd recommend "gaming the system" for guys we're going to sell (Preiss, Tiel, Hirsch, Wachter), getting our youth candidates as much time as possible (Naegeli, Pitzen, Munster) and lastly working in players in our middle age group 27-30 (Weibefels, Degner, Schulte, Schluter, Blank, Tunjic, Maslanka, Mengele.)
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote