View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #525
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Vanderbilt announcer Joe Fisher resigns and goes into rehab after coaches show.

Vandy broadcaster Joe Fisher resigns, enters rehab after 'unacceptable' on-air behavior

I saw this when I looked up the Le Batard story and I have some questions. I am making a few assumptions here. I wouldn't think they would put a complete novice as the producer role for the coaches show. If you are the producer and everyone is in the studio, the producer has to see and hear the issues that are occurring right in front of you, right? If he is on a Zoom call or such, the producer has to hear and see that prior to the show starting, right? I wouldn't think they would put a complete novice as the producer role for the coaches show. Shouldn't the producer have made the call to pull the plug on the show to protect the broadcaster if not the station? I guess it is possible that Fisher was a prick and someone let him hang himself. It seems weird that they would let this go out on the air and for forty minutes at that.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote