View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #206
sabotai
General Manager

February 24th, 2018

Bundesliga
Leverkusen (4th, 11-8-4, 41pt) at 1860 Münich (12th, 6-7-9, 25pt)

I created a 4-2-3-1 "Possession Football" tactic that uses 2 MCs instead of DMs. Going to try it out in this match. None of the stats said "Awkward". Going to lose this match so I figured I'd look to see what this tactic looks like.

Starting Lineup
GK Netolitzky
DL Grasso
DC Kirchhoff
DC Touré
DR Con
MC Stark
MC Wannenwetsch
AML Marco
AMC Roguljic
AMR Clancy
ST Dimitrijevic

We dominate possession in the first half, but they still get more shots. In the 41st minute, Grasso sends a short cross into the box, several players bunch up and a lazy header towards to the goal line is picked up by Marco and he buries it to give the lead.

In injury time at the end of the first half, Dimitrijevic is foulded right outside the penalty area. If only that had been 1 or 2 yards later...

In the 58th minute, they get an attack going after a terrible pass from Wannenwetsch. Twenty seconds later, their player ties the game after Kirchhoff fails to adequately cover his man.

They take the lead in the 71st minute off a header from a long cross. This time it was Touré who did a shit job of covering his man. My grandmother would have reacted quicker...

In the 72nd minute, Stoppelkamp had a great chance, but never even gets the shot off. The GK came out and just took the ball from him. What the fuck Stoppelkamp?

Was hoping we could pull off the upset, but they were too good. I wonder if my sudden shift in tactics caught them off guard at all.

Leverkusen 2 - 1 1860 Münich
16 - Shots - 8
8 - On Target - 3
2 - Clear Cut Chances - 2
6 - Half Chances - 0
9 - Fouls - 12
1 - Yellow Cards - 0
43% - Poss - 57%

Player Performances
GK Netolitzky 6.8 , DL Grasso 6.9 , DC Kirchhoff 6.9 , Touré 6.6 , DR Con 6.7 , MC Stark 6.9 , MC Wannenwetsch 6.8 , AML Marco 7.2 (off 77 - Inj) , AML Masek NR (on 77) , AMC Roguljic 6.3 (off 68) , AMC Bouy 6.8 (on 68) , AMR Clancy 6.9 (off 68 - Inj) , AMR Stoppelkamp 6.6 (on 68) , ST Dimitrijevic 6.4
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote