View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #408
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I'd like to see if there are any other job offers out there if you get a chance.

Assuming you decide to resign from Northwestern, these are the job offers Coach Vee would receive:

Incarnate Word, USC Upstate, Arkansas Pine Bluff, Coppin State, Presbyterian, and that's it. Sounds pretty bad, but I will tell you this:

Despite all being small schools that would almost certainly be #16 seeds or in the First Four of the NCAA Tournament, 3 of the 5 have a bit of an upside. Presbyterian and Arkansas Pine Bluff have had back to back winning seasons, and in the case of Arkansas Pine Bluff, their back to back winning seasons have both been 20 win seasons.

The cream of the crop though, has to be USC Upstate. How they haven't been promoted to a higher prestige conference is beyond me. In the 6 seasons I've ran this dynasty, they've made a postseason tournament every single season. They've been to the NIT the last 4 seasons, including a 3rd place finish. They've also been to the CBI once and the CIT once. They've had 20+ win seasons every single season (keep in mind for the most part, they've stocked up on wins against even easier non-conference opponents, plus a very weak conference) but have never won the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament or made it to the NCAA Tournament. So while they have room for improvement, they definitely seem to have the best history.

Ultimately though, no matter what Coach Vee decides, he'll either be a small fish in a big pond, or the big fish in a conference and on a team nobody cares about.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote