View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 04:42 PM   #21
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office Midget View Post
FOF8 has a lot of benefits but it has a few drawbacks for fast-paced Single Player play. The stats do not much the modern NFL (or the modern NFL in 2016 when it was released) and the gameplanning/playbooking is so difficult to penetrate that you can't really just adjust a few settings to make your team more run-heavy or pass-heavy.

But it's the unrealistic single player stats that make it tough to want to come back to. Rarely see seasons that would actually qualify as legitimate OPOY or DPOY seasons in the NFL. So it's possible that FOF7 was the most fun in that regard.

I don't think I ever got the relationship between YAC and pass patterns down very well. I took the engine too far the way it was and I wasn't happy with the results when I opened up on completion percentage.

I'm happier with FOF8 because I solved half of the problem, but I needed to throttle things a bit to prevent super-teams from super things that would break the illusion.

Maybe I revisit this some day. I would do a better job and there's much more richness in data sets to do it with.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote