View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 10:41 PM   #26
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

This brings to mind a couple of efforts that would be great to see.

First and foremost, someone with a decent amount of Q&A experience compiling a usable list of issues with FOF8 - something I could take a long look at if I ever have the opportunity to work on this again. Forum posts get lost easily and, I've found over the years, many people don't respond to clarification requests.

And second, a group of people who have played the game a long time who can discuss anything they'd like to see in a future game - at least one that doesn't have a Madden-sized team behind it.

One feature brought up here is the player pictures or drawings. I've looked into it, and three things stopped me. One is hair (and I'd imagine this is changing). Today's packages don't have much variety. So it becomes a bit cartooney. OOTP's solution was to draw helmets - but face shots in football aren't with helmets on. It would distract. Two is expense. FaceGen isn't cheap, especially the full license that allows the game to create faces. And Three is race. Life isn't color-blind, but I'd like FOF to be.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote