View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:27 PM   #28
xcom44dan
n00b

RE: Player images, that all makes sense. Some things in there I hadn't really considered. Can totally understand now how some silly looking player pics could make the game less immersive for some, and cause extra development headaches and costs.

FWIW, I use the community made, AI built NewGAN packs for Football Manager, and they're much better than the face-gen type stuff. Link here for anyone interested: NewGan Facepack. I think there are 30k images in there.

Maybe it would be nice if you could have the option to drop an image into a designated folder with the 'player_id' as the file name, and the game could replace the stock team logo with a custom image where a matching id file is found. That way player image packs could be optional/community driven.

Anyway, they're not that important to my enjoyment of the game either to be honest, just a nice to have. Something like attribute masking would make single-player much more challenging/enjoyable to me than a player image.

@A-Husker-4-Life That's a great idea. Look forward to hearing about what different players value most about the game.

Last edited by xcom44dan : 01-06-2023 at 12:34 PM.
xcom44dan is offline   Reply With Quote