View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 06:00 PM   #42
ezlee2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
If I ever have the time and ability to do something to FOF8, it will be very minor - bug fixing only.

From my work on other projects, I can tell you that any schedule changes require new underlying data structures, new default schedules and schedule templates, new algorithms here and there. It's not something that would ever be done to an existing product.

My biggest hesitation for doing this (and, again, it won't be until the end of the year, at least) is that I don't want people to build any expectation that it's going to include new features or tweaks, if you want to call them that. While I'm interested in wish lists, it's just interest, not something I would consider for FOF8 since it is near the end of its product cycle.

I hope I'm doing the right thing here. In engaging in this discussion, I worry it will only upset people by giving them the impression that FOF8 is undergoing a new development phase. It isn't and won't.

I think it's great Jim. We all know you had been a one-man show for years and we all appreciate your efforts and or any efforts you would make in the future. I can confidently say that the game you created has been one of the great joys of my life and that sounds silly for a bunch of 1'w and 0's. However, the relationship I have made via MP are priceless and I only have FOF to thank for that. So thank you Jim for giving us a game that many of us have been playing for 20 years. Honestly, at this point, anything you do to FOF8 is just gravy as we all never even thought that would happen.
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote