Thread: Draft dilemma
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 04:22 PM   #3
TheseBoots
n00b

Thanks for your thoughts MIJB, I appreciate you laying out how you might analyse the various options.

I think you are right to zoom in on the QB Shields. It's so obvious that he is going to be great that it makes the decision difficult IMO. When I was analysing the draft class I didn't factor in a scenario where he didn't get picked at 1 overall =) I was certain the Giants would take him, particularly as they don't have a great talent at QB already.

As I said, I really like my QB. I picked him second round and he started life around 55 potential but he has crept and crept up to low 70s and has pretty great bars (timing apart) and high avoid ints (75-ish).

Where I found it hard to decide was actually thinking ahead a few years, when Shields is fully developed and ready but my current QB Winters is still great and experienced. What happens then? Just let one go in FA? It seems like that would end up being a waste of the 2 pick (potentially) whereas e.g. Hoffman as you highlighted could have been putting up multiple 1000 yards seasons by then...

I don't very often have one good QB. Potentially having two didn't compute!

(As an aside I already played out this situation. I traded down to 6 and still got Hoffman as there were incredibly 5 60+ rated QBs in this draft!)
TheseBoots is offline   Reply With Quote