View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 07:30 AM   #11
revrew
Team Chaplain

Mike Greenberg: "Let's take a look at some of the players the Dragons may have their eyes on. Mike Mayock, you've looked over the protected and unprotected lists for each team. What do you see as the juiciest targets out there?"

Mike Mayock: "First of all, Mike, just about every second rounder from last week's draft has got to be on the table. The Dragons can only take two from the second round, so they'll have to be choosy, but I could see them snagging draft picks with the first several selections, locking up the players they missed out on last week."

Greenberg: "So it's all about the chess game."

Mayock: "Exactly."

Shefter: "And there's another factor in play here. If you watch how the off-season has shaped up so far, there are several GMs who deliberately renegotiated and signed their vets to new contracts before we got to today. That puts the veteran players in the, quote, 'first year of a new contract,' which according to the draft rules makes them automatically protected from the Dragons. So you've got guys like receiver Danny Alcott in New England. The Patriots signed him to a new, four-year contract right before the draft. That means he's technically in the first year of a new deal, so he's off the table today and staying in Foxborough."

Greenberg: "So many shenanigans behind the scenes. But this draft is about to kick off, so we're running out of time. When we come back from this break, I want your predictions. No more beating around the bush. Which veterans are going to be switching teams? Right after this."
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote