View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #22
revrew
Team Chaplain

Commissioner James Gordon: "With the eighth selection of the 2025 NFL Expansion Draft, the Des Moines Dragons select … Malachi Ellison, tackle, New York Giants."

Mike Greenberg: "Now, we're starting to see the selections many expected. The Dragons got their second-round picks early, and now they're putting the veteran pieces in place. I like this move. Ellison is a starter in this league, and the Giants were pushed into leaving someone solid on the draft-eligible list."

Mike Mayock: "The Giants drafting a tackle in the second round this year actually makes a lot of sense now. They were reading the tea leaves. Clever."

Greenberg: "What do you mean?"

Mayock: "The Giants must have calculated that if Ellison were taken in expansion, they would have a rookie in place to replace him. But if the Dragons took their 2nd round rookie, the Giants likely would have used one of their 5 veteran protections on Ellison. Either way, the Giants have a tackle – Ellison or the rookie."

Greenberg: "Well, now the Dragons have a tackle. Two of them and a guard. Just like the secondary, the O-line is shaping up."

Todd McShay: (interjecting): "No way!"

Greenberg: "What?"

McShay: "Guys … you aren't going to believe this …"

8. T Malachi Ellison, 9, 53/53
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote