Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 12:07 AM   #108
PilotMan
Head Coach

I received an offer for Omar Acevedo to fight Richard Romans. I was giving serious consideration to the fight. Romans is regarded as one of the brightest young prospects in the Lightweight division. His record stands at 1-0-4(0). He has performed poorly in some of his other matches. Other than having a good chin, he does not stand out in a physical way. His technical skills are better than what you would find at this level.

His management team has offered an immediate payout of 180k! And a fight between Acevedo and Romans would certainly bring the money into the team. Omar has 2 contracted fights left, and I still have not made up my mind if he should stay with Punishment Inc. He has been so mixed up as a fighter. And right now he is the highest valued fighter in the group.

I don’t think that he is world championship material, but he could be used as a moneymaker journeymen, you know, someone that would test the up and comers. Oh hell, I don’t know.

One fight, I am going to make some money with him, but I am not going to risk my repuataion to do it. NO.

I did take a look at potential matchups for Omar’s next fight. A match jumped right out at me. Felipe Vargas, currently ranked #125 in the world, is undefeated with a record of 6-0-0(4). A fight against Omar would pay me a boatload money. I gave them a call, clearly knowing that Omar would be no match for him. I was just in it for the money, besides a loss would make him cheaper to re-sign for the club. I think that a match two months from now would be great. They think about it and decide that it isn’t good enough. I change the offer for a match 6 weeks away, but that doesn’t work. Oh well, I guess I will need to look elsewhere for a fight.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote